What is eConsult?
eConsult is a secure web-based tool that allows physician or nurse practitioner timely access to specialist advice for all patients and often eliminates the need for an in-person specialist visit.
- BASE™ Managed Specialty Model
- eConsults are sent to a group of specialists from across the province in a specific specialty and each case is assigned to a specific specialist by a case assigner.
- Over 100 specialties offered province-wide
- Direct to Specialist model:
- eConsults are sent to individual specialists/groups by searching in a directory.
Is being an eConsult specialist right for me?
Specialists enrolled with Ontario eConsult are expected to:
- Have a desire to improve equitable access
- Be experienced practitioners in good standing with their regulatory body
- Respond to requesting provider questions within 7 days (median response time is 2 days)
- Have an interest in providing collegial, educational replies
- Contribute to a community of practice with physicians and nurse practitioners in their regio
* Reference: Keely, E., Williams, R., Epstein, G., Afkham, A, et Liddy, C. (2018). Specialist Perspectives on Ontario Electronic Consultation Services, Telemedicine and e-Health.
What options do specialists have to provide eConsult services?
- All eligible specialists are able to provide eConsults through Ontario eConsult direct to specialist option accessed through the OTNhub.ca.
- Some specialists (depending on geographical region, identified need, personal preference) will join a BASE™ managed specialty group where cases will be assigned to them.
How are specialists compensated for providing an eConsult?
- The service is available at no cost to the patient and the provider
- Specialists providing services on eConsult are paid an hourly rate, pro-rated based on the length of time it takes to complete an eConsult.
- Providers receiving a salary or paid through alternate funding arrangements may not receive additional compensation for using eConsult.