Dear eConsult primary care physicians, nurse practitioners
, specialists, delegates and eConsult partners,
As a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, OTN and the eConsult Centre of Excellence have created a COVID-19 BASETM managed eConsult specialty group. This group enables physicians and nurse practitioners to ask clinical questions to infectious disease specialist electronically and receive a response within days. This is the only group that allows for population-based, non-patient specific clinical questions.
The COVID-19 BASE™ Managed Specialty Group is now available province-wide:
- Accessed through the BASE™ managed specialty option and listed under Infectious Disease and Public Health
- A group of Infectious Disease specialists who can answer both patient-specific and general questions about COVID-19
- For non-patient specific questions please enter the patient information as follows:
- First Name: COVID19
- Last Name: COVID19
- Date of Birth: 1900-01-01
- Select OHIP number not available
- Please note: Patient screening for COVID-19 must still be done through Public Health Services.
If you need a refresher on how to submit an eConsult, you can watch out training video here: https://youtu.be/-zgIxVrLiYQ
Please note, specialists also have the ability to submit eConsults both to this group and to all other specialty groups and specialists.