Advice for managing COVID-19 and Autoimmune Disorders group now available on the Ontario eConsult Service
In response to the ongoing pandemic, the Ontario eConsult Centre or Excellence has created a COVID-19 and Autoimmune Disorders BASE™ Managed Specialty Group. This group enables physicians and nurse practitioners to ask COVID-19 and Autoimmune Disorders related clinical questions to Rheumatology specialists electronically and receive a response within days. The general COVID-19 infectious disease group, the COVID-19 Vaccine- Allergy/Immunology group and the COVID-19 and Pregnancy group continue to be available, along with over 100 specialties available province-wide.
The COVID-19 specialties are the only groups that also allow for population-based, non-patient specific clinical questions.
The COVID-19 and Autoimmune Disorders BASE™ Managed Specialty Group is now available province-wide:
- Accessed through the BASE™ managed specialty option and listed under COVID-19, Public Health and Rheumatology.
- A group of Rheumatology specialists who can answer both patient-specific and general questions about COVID-19 and Autoimmune Disorders.
- For non-patient specific questions please enter the patient information as follows:
- First Name: COVID19
- Last Name: COVID19
- Date of Birth: 1900-01-01
- Select OHIP number not available
If you need a refresher on how to submit an eConsult, you can watch our training video here: https://youtu.be/-zgIxVrLiYQ
Please note, specialists also have the ability to submit eConsults both to this group and to all other specialty groups and specialists.