The Ontario eConsult Program
The Ontario eConsult Program has been created to enable timely and equitable access to specialist advice for all patients in Ontario. The program, with the support of the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, integrates two successful initiatives: BASE™ Managed Specialty model and the Ontario Telemedicine Network’s (OTN) Direct to Specialist model. The program includes 4 services:
- Ontario eConsult service
- Champlain BASE™ regional service
Accessed primarily through the secure OTNhub (otnhub.ca), the program is led by the Ontario eConsult Centre of Excellence (eConsult COE), housed at The Ottawa Hospital in partnership with the Bruyère Research Institute.
- Champlain BASE™ (Building Access to Specialists through eConsultation) led by Winchester District Memorial Hospital and the Bruyere Research Institute in the Champlain region.
- South East Academic Medical Organization (SEAMO) in the South East region.
- Health Information Technology Services (HITS) eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences in the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant region
- eHealth Centre of Excellence in the Waterloo Wellington region
- Women’s College Hospital in the Toronto Central region
- St. Joseph’s Care Group in North West region
- Transform in Erie St Clair region